Thursday, December 8, 2011

NaNoWriMo

I tried (and failed) to do NaNoWriMo this year. For those of you who don't know what that is, it stands for Nqtional Novel Writing Month. You can find more about it here: NaNoWriMo Wesite.

The story I had outlined didn’t really get far off the ground. I still hope to finish it someday, but maybe when I have more motivation.

It’s about a PI who falls in love with an alleged kidnapper while undercover as a Mormon missionary. Sound cliché to you too? It has it’s moments. My favorite part I would most likely have to cut out if I ever got it published, though. Partly because it’s for a Mormon audience, who may think even mentioning homosexuality is in bad taste.

image

As you can see from this lovely pie chart. I didn’t even get a quarter of the way to the required 50k in order to “win.”

But the pie chart looks a little more forgiving than the line graph you see below.

 

image

See, the gray line is how many words I was supposed to have written each day. The brown bars are how many I actually wrote. And yes, not only did I quit writing, but I quit updating my stats.

In the end I only ended up writing 9421 words. But it’s still likely the longest thing I’ve written by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean. I like receiving advice on my writing, but don't usually take it. Don't be offended.